Saturday, June 17, 2006

What do you want?

Its that time of the year again.. when you grow up, atleast on the record. And when family and friends greet you with glee and wish you all the best... you would love to have more than just one birthday a year. But wait, did you think about your family and friends? Birthday and "surprises" go together. Presents have to be showered on the birthday gal/boy. But what to get them? What do they like? What do they need? What do they want? Its like writing an examination, one too many, every year. Other occasions like marriages are often straightforward to get "gifts" for. And if u cant think of any, a white cover wud be the obvious (and most popular) choice. No, not that for a birthday! If its a close friend, guy or gal, its a severe test on u to conjour up the right present. Even more for loved ones. Ofcourse, they wouldnt want anything more than to hear a pleasant "Happy Birthday" but then, if family and friends do something about it, why not you? So, in a way its indirect pressure to think a million times before you act (to get a present).

So, now that we "know" we need to get something, what do we get? For a guy, things are quite easy. A cool gadget or a nice shirt or tie or shoes and matter settled. Atleast you can be assured of getting a clear answer when you ask them. But for girls, its not as simple, for the simple reason that they themselves do not know what they want, most of the time.

Top three choices for what a guy wants...
This thing, That thing - means I want this thing or that thing. In reality, anything will be fine.
Nothing - means I dont want anything but you to be with me.

There are no three choices when it comes to guys, only two. This or That. Done.

Top three choices for what a girl wants...
Nothing - means I definitely want something, but I aint gonna ask u. Its your job to find out.
Something - means buy me something that I want, lets see how much u know me.
Anything - means get me something that I like, I dont know what I want myself, but you should know.

As it stands, that makes us none the wiser as to WHAT we should get them. So the ultimate quest follows, with everything on the line. Thats quite a challenge and I like challenges! (Now I know why some people thank heavens for bdays coming only once a year)

I have a "reputation" amongst some fellow bloggers as being a MC, and I know this post doesnt help alter that image much. But sometimes, things are not what it seems. Anywayz, right now, Im in the middle of trying to figure out the toughest puzzle, for a special someone, for a special day... so lets hope I get it right.. atleast this time :P

RAQ: If you venture into uncharted territory, make sure you come back to tell the story

Random Access
The search has just begun !!!

8 comments:

Prasoon said...

i just went out saying lol...
nice post and yes, you spoke bang on target - its perfectly right :D
~hoping that you find the right thing soon to gift that 'speacial someone'~
:)

museful said...

A very randomesque analysis of getting a gift...i think its fun to have three choices for the girl...atleast that'll give an idea if the guy actually understands them...even though hes totally confused overall!!..

LovingAndLosing said...

"Nothing - means I don't want anything but for you to be with me"

??????????????????????

Are you KIDDING me???? What kind of sissy-ass guy says that, and even more, actually means it????

(If you're a chauvinist, I'm a feminist :p)

Visithra said...

Hummm well try this - first figure out ur budget - then figure out what she likes - can be ascertained by what she normally wears talks about - n then buy from there

sarees jewelery perfume - ello getting something for someone special is easy getting something for a friend is harder! U have limitations n things u cant give

Vinesh said...

Girls I have noticed, choose gifts better than guys. At least for others..

Rambler registries said...

I beg to differ with what you say. I think its the same dilemma with both the sexes. I seriously rack my brains if I have to get a guy smthing for his bday but for a gal I always have a back up if I dont find that something special. So you are not being objective about this so called gift thing.
And yes the little thoughtful things that you gift(they might just be nothing at all...just sweet nothings) and the surprise you see on their faces and the joy you get is, well...not enuf words to describe tht is there?
I personally like to surprise people with what they like and have succeeded in doing that quite a few times.

Random Access said...

Prasoon, thanks!

Sharana, yeah, thats what i meant. Writing an exam too many :) Its good as long as its fun.

Ms. V, Not all guys are like what u think they are ;)

Visithra and Priya, for all your ideas and backups, still u havent said WHAT to get :P

Vinesh, wish I was a girl :P

Random Access
The search has just begun !!!

Anonymous said...

Keep up the good work » » »