Saturday, December 23, 2006

Bloggers' clog

Increasingly I find that my blogger circle has become dormant. While fully aware of the reasons for the sharp slump in my own frequency (laziness masked as excuses), I am not sure about the reason for the rest of them switching off. Surfing blogs used to be an everyday ritual, when I wished I had enough time...But now it seems like everyone is stuck up or too hung up to post a few things...

Maybe technology has given them an alternative avenue to vent their feelings and expressions... Analogous to the SMS and Chat luring teens, much like Email captivated teens a decade ago, I do find a lot of people go in for Orkut rather than blog nowadays. Although it could prove exhasperating trying to follow another person's scrap book entries, it does provide an avenue for quick and short communiques with your own friends. The visibility is much less, but precise and concise messages take centre stage.

Interestingly, I was one of the first few to use both these technologies, and I have been a jack, stuck between the two, with a 100+ blog entries, and a 100+ scrap book entries. Masters of these are counting in thousands. Although I see the good points of both, I do think blogs are etched in time, while scraps are meant for that moment in time. I started a blog as a bigraphical log, and will definitely continue it in the same vein.

The purpose of this post is to reach out to those lazy guys and gals present as links in the right hand side of this page, who havent posted for a while... wake up and get going... for, there will always be some who love to read what u have got to say...I am sure everyone had their own sweet reasons for starting it, but I am damn sure they have none when they really think about why they stopped.

You will stay atop until you stop!

Random Access
The search has just begun !!!

4 comments:

smiley said...

merry christmas and a happy new year :) don't worry be happy. 2007 will bring more traffic :)

Random Access said...

I hope so too, especially my near and dear ones...

Random Access
The search has just begun !!!

Neha said...

kutthi kaamikkara madhiri irukku :P. but true!

Vinesh said...

I felt the same SAME lines (your opening lines in this blogpost) a few weeks ago..

We are in the same circle, adhuvum... ;-)