Monday, March 02, 2009

The joy of a few words

Ever thought of a person, and wanted to mail them, but never actually got to type out a few words to say hello? Ever thought I will mail them tomorrow, when I have a bit more time, a bit more content, a bit more context?

Everyone goes through the pain of procastination, especially if you really really want to, but never get to do something.

I spent a year and half saying tomorrow I will definitely do it, regretting every single following day. Every time I desperately wanted to type in that precious email, I didnt have a damn computer in front of me. How unfortunate. I have often thought I will draft an email once I reach office, send it to my personal id and just fwd on, but every time I thought so I would be in a train reaching office, and once in office, immersed in official work.

My memory isnt that great and I did forget quite a few names after I got hit on the head with a cricket ball, my office doesnt allow me to connect to my personal email, family life comes with a lot of responsibility, I spend a fraction of time online as I once used to, I dont even feel like switching on a computer after being in front of one all day, but all this is just a plain old excuse, which I knew in my heart, but tried to defend with my brain. How sick and vain!

Today that I DID get to do it, it was a huge huge thing off my heart. The satisfaction of that make me jump all over my place like a bunny. I felt so light I could have flown. Thats one heck of a feeling. And whats more, I got a reply from the person 5 mins later. After a year and a half, nothing like the joy of a few words to a dear friend.

Back to flying...

Random Access
The search has just begun !!!

2 comments:

PreethZzZ said...

Hehehe.. this is exactly how I felt before I mailed you! What timing..

Random Access said...

Aaah.. is there too much ice in here, or is it just u?

Random Access
The search has just begun !!!