Sunday, August 21, 2005

Anti-Ferrarism

Well, this one is personal...if anyone wants to counter it, be prepared for a blast of white hot fumes juz like the one on Massa's car in the inaugural Turkish GP today. Barely had the race begun was something so blatant that everyone turned deaf to. A radio message from Renault asking Alonso to overtake Fisichella and unsurprisingly Fisichella's car slowing down for a couple of tenths to let him pass through. With calls of the brilliance of team strategy from the commentators, I wonder..Excuse me fellas, remember last year when u branded the same thing as "team orders" that u cried like a wailing baby as "spoiling the image of F1". You suck...atleast ur words pretty well. If you ever read this Steve Slater/ Chris Goodwin, I wanna congratulate u with one of my fingers.

And when Schumi got hit from behind by a lap-down Mark Webber was mumbled into oblivion, even the race stewards had nothin to do with it, what the hell ??? Talk about partiality and team orders only if its against Ferrari, who have raised the standards in the last 5 years. This year has just been an example of a typical F1 year, but then with all the bashings last year against Ferrari, cos of the sole reason they were doing well, one suddenly ignores everything tht happens right now! If its not bias, I wonder what new fancy term they would invent to call this.. Maybe the existing phrases "teammate understanding" and "racing incident". I would even admonish Montoya's incident with Monteiro if not it was clear Monteiro was braking and understeering onto Montoya's car. Damn I only have two of those fingers.

Am pissed off to the core...not cos schumi was lookin set for a points scoring finish after blowing it in qualifying, but also cos as a true F1 fan, I think these guys juz donno wht the hell they are talkin abt, create public opinion and flare public sentiment with their rubbish talk, and get paid for it! I can only hope Ferrari's first V8 can do what their last V10 couldnt.. and hopefully the Champion retires a Champion.. Pained by the love of sport, I hope to receive some consolation by the end of this year through a Ferrari win, though it seems highly unlikely. Monza and suzuka seem their best bet, so lemme pray.

Last but not the least, screw all the fair weather fans, whichever team they support. Sadly, its those guys who create public opinion! I know of a lot of true McLaren fans who went quiet in the period of Ferrari domination. They never jumped ships, and they are rewarded this year, though I wud say its a case of lost opportunities.

Love the scarlet cars, they really rock..Loath the four stones that carry them around though. With schumi in full force, I hope next year, they will again set the track ablaze with their pace.

Random Access
The search has just begun !!!

11 comments:

nandini said...

Its amazing really, while we've been talking about Ferrari having a really bad year, Schumi's still...inspiite of all car problems and so on...no.3 overall...its looks bad only cos we're used to seeing him on the podium spraying champagne...for anyone else...it would still be a great year!

I remember the hue and cry that was raised when Barichello was ordered to let Schumi pass in the Austrian Gran Prix...(I'm a Ferrari fan and I opposed that descision myself)...but a few races later...Schumi did the same thing...it would have been nicer though if they'd both won the races they were supposed to.

As for no one raising an outccry now...hey, all things are so much bigger where schumi is concerned!

Captain Sid Sparrow said...

Agree with Nandini, I do miss that 'Schumi jump' on the podium.

Captain Sid Sparrow said...

If You ever get a chance, check out ITV (UK)'s F1 show and commentary. They Rock. www.itv-f1.com/
It's highly informative and very technical. They know what went wrong where and also have a dedicated pit crew to comment on happenings and interview retirees. Star did use the UK commentary team earlier during the days of Senna(yeah, I've been watching F1 all my life).

Random Access said...

I have checked out ITV before, the views are so britishique. I dun find it tht interesting. I guess in terms of technical stuff also nothin too great. So verdict 4/10

Random Access
The search has just begun !!!

Captain Sid Sparrow said...

I get to see half the GP's in the UK each year mate... trust me pro british or not, its really really better

Random Access said...

I was juz commenting on the website. I havent heard ITV commentary, but I do get to hear Star commentary every GP and it sucks big time!

Random Access
The search has just begun !!!

ESIH said...

I just watch them sometimes,n thus dont think i should comment abt it..:)

ada-paavi!!!! said...

finally ferrari doesnt dominate F1, i am a ferrari fan, but their absolute dominance makes it boring, its a good fight tat makes F1 interesting! and team orders, its just every1 in the sport (read commentators and outsiders) are biased against the scarlet team, if renault does it its fine, but scarlet oh they r screwing the sport!

Dinesh said...

What if I were to tell you that while Fischella didn't mind trading places with Alonso, Barichello was more than pissed with being asked to throw away the top step.

The two incidents are in no way comparable.

Random Access said...

I have no idea how u cud think abt such a crappy thing !!!

If a driver is happy to give away his place to any other competitor, worse still to his teammate, he will definitely not be happy. If hes happy, hes not fit to be in F1.

I rate Fisi pretty high, and there is no way hes feelin happy abt wht he had to do!

Btw, which team do u support now? McLaren? ;)

Random Access
The search has just begun !!!

Anonymous said...

RA,

Just saw this from the link in your post about 100 posts.

Let me tell you this:
1. I rate your F1 knowledge very highly
2. I am a Ferrari fan too. I might not mind others winning, but nothing is as good as a scarlet car winning.

But...

the Austrian GP incident and the Turkish GP incident are NOT comparable. I'm not saying that it was not team orders for Renault to let Alonso pass Fisi, but there's a big difference between letting some one pass on the 1st lap and letting some one pass on the last lap (when leading summo).

In case 1, you let your team mate through in the hope that he can optimise his strategy and maybe pass cars ahead of you. You're wasting your tyres and your team's performance if you're gonna spend an afternoon trying to keep a quicker team mate behind. And btw, Fisi winning was still probable at that point in time.

In case 2, it was blatant (undermining viewers, supporters, et al) and it was for the sole purpose of handing over a hard fought win. THAT is not sport.

I think the debate shouldn't have been about team orders but sporting behaviour.