Friday, August 05, 2005

Day Off

After a long time, I got a much deserved day off, through a slice of luck though! So I aint gonna waste that my rambling about my miseries, but rather, a thot or two about what its like to be finally a bit free.

I had slept two days in the last two weeks, so aint that good for health. I know a lot of people do advice me on this, but I am a person who will push myself beyond the limits to get something done. Being the ever-optimistic crappy curious person, I want the answer to the unsolved mystery of code. But sometimes it looked as if I was inside a matrix and the words and numbers were just falling down. Then I realised the great theory of relativity! Yeah, and a few concussions on my forehead!

And last week was quite eventful as well. I got back in touch with 2 of my classmates from skool, which was pretty cool. Its always nice refreshing old memories. And suddenly someone messaged me. I thought it would foster a good friendship, part 2, but it never materialised. Egos do come in the way of understanding, though I wud say I dun have any of that. It was quite shocking to hear the kinda crap tht gals in chennai are upto! I dont want to generalize cos I rate indian gals n in particular chennai gals very very high, but juz abt this particular case of this erstwhile friend. Blind love, drink, matter, pregnancy, abortion, polygamy, personal pics gone not so personal.. u get the point... disgusting! Im ashamed that I have failed as a friend in the last 2 years. One limitation of an e-pal? It feels as if i dont even know her now! Still not able to get over it..

Well, I have had some fun as well. I have learnt some chinese after 6 years of knowing only "woh ai nee". Your guess cud be very precise in that case! Being the only indian in the company does help! Well, the Vice President is an indian, but thats about it. Anywayz, Richard (my boss, my PM and my student..hihi, yeah life is quite funny at times) taught me a few things..I aint gonna profess my expertise in chinese here, but just a few things for those who are interested.

Chinese is pictoral is what we might have learnt in skool, but its based on tones, just like hindi or sanskrit. It has four different tones:

-- - 1st tone...a bit long, flat, with a soft tone
/ - 2nd tone..a rising tone
\/ - 3rd tone..a falling and a rising tone.. more fall and a bit rise (eg: woh is wooooooah)
\ - 4th tone ..steep fall..something like jamming of breaks

As of now, few words (actually syllables) here and there (damn i gotta learn 5000 before i can speak properly it seems!) OK OK...thats enuf for today..

Coming to more interesting aspect of talking in front of 200+ people crapping as I usually do.. sounds real exciting aint it? But to do it in a Microsoft auditorium in front of professionals who will do everything to get a day off to relax with the excuse of a conference is another thing.

Disclaimer:
For those of you who are vettis in Singapore and might just be hearing a depleted skinny guy on Aug 12th, make sure u dont associate him to the author of this post. All thrashing to be done on that stage, so as to enable me keep my dignified reputation intact in this blogworld! He is my identical twin brother who got lost when he was 2 yrs old..Yeah yeah, we do have our family song to identify and hug each other when we are 60 years old!

With two masters projects lined up, and deadlines to meet and faces to greet, I guess the next week is gonna be yet another week full of inspiration, excitation, persperation and exasperation. Im refreshed and ready for it. Bring it on, timeless time babe!

Random Access
The search has just begun !!!

2 comments:

nandini said...

I got funny looks here when I was reading your blog and trying to say woooah with an up-down tone!
And 5000 word before you can speak ! You realise most people( and I'm talking about most of those speak English) don't know 5000 words.
As for Chennai girls...hey don't judge all of us so harshly!!!! We're good girls here!

Aside from all that... hope you enjoyed your well deserved day off.

museful said...

well hope u had a good day off...is chinese really easy to learn....an interesting prospect to learn it....hmm!!!