Tuesday, May 24, 2005

Whats goin on buddy?

Whats common between Motorola, HP, NCS and Siemens UK. These are the companies I rejected in the last 2-3 weeks. All this 6 working days before I am officially jobless!. Am I crazy? Am I lazy? Am I cracked? Am I bluffing? These are few pertinent kostins that might arise, but at the end of the day the reaction is just the same..What the hell...Others might map it to the classic "machan, she loved me da, but I rejetted her" kinda false self-praise. Quite possible, coming out of a batch where I would be one of the very few who dint lie to anyone about my grades in univ. Sometimes truth is trivialised to a point of nonsense and insanity that even the truth is shy to come out into the open. Anyone aware why rumours spread like wild fire while philosophy is mocked at? And me being me, I dont really let some things out...and I prefer silence, even in extreme anger or agony, to retaliation.

I aint gonna justify my honesty here, cos its my blog and I dun care a damn whether u believe it or not. I am just penning down my thots currently. A lot of ppl still dun believe ther is something other than money involved in the decisions people make. For me, career aim, job role n life comes before a job. In other words, I might be down the drain in my finances, but I wont make a decision until I know ejjatly what I need to do. And now, I dun have a job, I dun have a cent, but I am happy n confident cos I know what I want to do. Thats gud enuf for me...And for those who feel I have been losing a lot in the last coupla years and still do I wanna lose?... "Am I <>" (Spiderman 1 villian style)

I dun wanna dog fight cos I aint a dog
I dun wanna blog fight either cos I am too lazy to blog
I dun wanna slog cos my brain doesnt like to clog
I dun wanna say anymore but this aint a vail of a dead log

Random Access
The search has just begun !!! (to keep huntin for a suitable job)

7 comments:

Dinesh said...

I sincerely hope you are clear about what you want. It does seem a little extreme to turn down so many reputed companies based on intangible and non-quantifiable aspects.

Random Access said...

We all want success in life, and if thats not quantifiable, why should the means be any more quantifiable?

I am not saying my decisions are without risk, but I do hope all my efforts pay dividends!

Random Access
The search has just begun !!!

LovingAndLosing said...

Life is all about taking risks. Only some have the guts to do it. And those who do, usually lead a more fulfilling life.

It's better to be clear now than to be stuck with a job your wife will have to hear you complain about every single day!

And nothing to worry about. You are a good person. Good things happen to good people :) Here's wishing you all the luck in the world to get what you want.

Random Access said...

Thanks! That was so sweet of u..Dint know u were lurkin arnd here ;) Anywayz, in another week, things shud be much more concrete and my random heart should finally start to see the trail of success :)

Random Access
The search has just begun !!!

Balakumar said...

Did you turn down the offers because the role turned out to be something that was not aligned with your initial expectations when you applied?

And I agree mostly with what Vids said except the "Its better to be clear...wife will have to hear..." line. I think it is better to be stuck with a job that you can complain about than a wife who cannot listen to your complaints! :) I was lucky on that front. I dont have to complain much, but when I do I have an interested audience!

Random Access said...

I have some goals in life that I want to achieve. Everyone tries to align their activities to cater to their short term goals, while I am prepared to struggle in the short term to achieve my long term goals. Quite recently, I realised what I want to do in my life. Then, I tried to align everything, including my job to focus on achieving my long term objectives. The current job was a good launching pad, but realised that sticking to it, I cannot sustain the growth I need to achieve my goals. So I quit. The rest of the offers simply were not in the line of what I want to do. Some people go to big companies, just for name sake and convince themselves that the work they do is what they want. I try to choose the companies, big or small, that will allow me to do the things I want. The search is still on...

Random Access
The search has just begun !!!

Balakumar said...

ok... Good luck with the quest my friend!