Wednesday, January 04, 2006

A Monthful Bliss - Part 1 (Back to Bengaluru)

Hello and welcome back! Random Access is back in business after such a long delay. Im sure this post is gonna be quite huge considering I gotta cramp in one month of awesome experience. Anywayz, Bangalore went like a breeze except to say that the number of figs this time seemed quite less compared to last time. With gals resembling drums out in the open wearing the shortest possible tops, it looked more like the penguins I would get to see later. So much for bangalore bashing. I got sooperb home cooked food for most of the says thanks to J and Filter & Co. I was pleasantly surprised by Filter's masala dosai. Good prep for aussie voyage mite! Seems like aussie land will suit him just fine, for more than one reason! Thanks to him, I was able to do a lot of things, especially the tryst with my eternal passion called cricket. More about it in a short while...

Meanwhile, with the monsoon ravaging the city, seemed like all the blore babes were stuck indoors. So, I was engaged in morning pillow talks, afternoon siestas and evening naps. After romantic dinners in local Sagars to Forum to Aangan, that brushed past like a gentle breeze, followed a nightmare called kolangal. So much for thinking only oldies are into this serial crying business! But time whizzed past, and it was time to bid good bye...Needless to say, for the first time I went home a bit sad.

Filter made my day some days, and we roamed about a bit from his college to his house for a sumptuous lunch to the National Market which tests ur bargaining power juz like Palika Bazaar, Burma Bazaar, Pataling Street, whichever u r familiar with. With a handful of English DVDs tucked in, we came back home. My cricket obsession took a turn for the worse. Lifting the bat after 3 long years, I felt my past flutter in its colorful brilliance in the blaze of the rare afternoon sun. I proceeded to play a few shots and the ball flew to every corner of the net. Juz that only a few went after hitting the bat! The passion was there, but timing the technique comes with practice and I quickly realised I needed more time in the middle to meddle the ball. Alas, nature couldnt bear my pathetic stature and cried its heart out, thereby cutting short one of the memorable days. And wait, did I mention the gals in the Bangalore colleges (esp Jain) who thought the world of themselves. They werent the jaw dropping kind, but some of their attires were worth my sneer for sure. Also notable is my apparant lack of appreciation of the much hyped "aaha oho" food in Nandinis.

One of the highlights of the Bangalore visit was that I got to meet my friend Ramprasad after about 8 years. Dragged him to Coffee Day during his office hours for a short chat that went on for about 1.5 hrs! When will I realise that not all guys are as vetti as me? Coupled with accidental meetings with Ramprasad and Narayanan, it was quite a pleasant surprise in Bangalore for me! Btw, the city got renamed to Bengaluru.

River cruise, Nephew magic and missed dates will all be featured in the next episode...so hold on tight....

PS: for those lookin for pics, Im too lazy to upload now, will do so this weekend.

Random Access
The search has just begun !!!

No comments: