Wednesday, January 04, 2006

A Monthful Bliss - Part 2 (The Chennai Odyssey)

I love travelling in trains. The blow of the whistle, the hustle buzzle of the station giving way to the "tadak tadak" chant slowly gaining in tempo, gently swaying its hips rocking those underneath to blissful sleep. The first time I travelled in Kaveri express from Chennai to Bangalore, I was all excited as I was about to see the gal of my life for the very first time. I enjoyed every second of the sleepless journey. This time around, I was in the same train bound the opposite direction, with the gal with me, looking intently into my eyes. elation, ecstasy, exhuberence, effervescence were all sleeping. Moonlight shone on her silhoutte, illuminating her crystal necklace, when yet another crystal formed in her eye and tumbled down her cheek to join the other beads around her neck. We talked through silence. The Chennai skies joined us in loud chorus and tears galore on our arrival. Thus I went home to be greeted by surprise screams and affectionate bashings. My nephew screamed in joy and rushed to my house to meet me. Smiles can be contagious and soon I was joining them.

I made elaborate plans in my mind to make full use of the 1 week. Called up a few friends who either wasnt reachable or promised to meet up which never materialised. With appa singing "tension tension tension mujhe loag bhole", it was what I would call one hectic week. Finally ended up doing nothing I had planned. But I enjoyed it to the hilt. The elder nephew dragged me into playing cricket (with a wooden bat and plastic ball) at the smallest excuse and I enjoyed the intensive battles for supremacy that followed. Meanwhile, the younger sibling had grown into a fully blown local dada, terrorising people wherever he goes with his acute sense of observation, his power of destruction being the talkin point of the town, what with his strongly built 1.5 yr body! The latest victim being a TV double his size and 10 times his weight being broken into pieces. Like a sincere uncle, I did my best to improve his "skills".

I have always been a fan of puls, but I never knew that I am making someone else jealous! Our computer mouse went on strike demanding its fair share of appreciation and I realised how much humans have become slaves to the mouse then. I tried to be heroic doing some things with my keyboard, but gave up when I tried connecting to the internet and browsing. So, that explains the absense of a blogpost nor email during that period.

Finally the day came when I could fulfill my 6-year old wish! I was accompanying my appa, amma and paati for a tour of Singapore and Malaysia! When in the airport, my elder nephew suddenly turned damn sad and enquired if he can come with us to Singapore. How I felt I could just drag him along. Singapore is a paradise for kids to visit! It was really tough for my father to try and explain that he needs a passport. When finally he realised what it takes, he asked me to buy him a hundi so that he was save money and come during the annual vacation. I did what I could, just lifted him and hugged him tight till his mom persuaded him to part ways with his uncle. With a heavy heart, we went inside Anna International Airport...

More info about Culture shock, Fish and Chips, and Showtime....check back later!

Random Access
The search has just begun !!!

2 comments:

IBH said...

awww! that kid one is sooo cute.....:) it was my sister though in my situation ..we were crying like there was no tomorrow...:)

Random Access said...

Juz dint wanna part :(. No words can describe the "dhukkam thondai adaikkara" feeling he felt then...

Random Access
The search has just begun !!!