Saturday, March 04, 2006

A beautiful relationship...

Its not often that I dont find words, let alone finding the right words. Its often in ur most difficult of times do u find ur best of friends.. or so they say. I was in a middle of a crisis when she came into my life, to conduct a little background check. Countless hours of talking and chatting later, we were the best of friends. Ignorant of the constant heckling of friends, I came to know about the intricate world of the feminine mind through her. And then she wanted it to be a bit more...

A joyful beginning paved way for the narrowing of distances. Timed whizzed by and I started getting blur... I knew she was next to me, holding my hand.. One fine day, she said she wanted some space... I gave her some. I knew she was nearby, I could hear her voice.. I became blind...And then she wanted some time alone... I was reluctant but I was confident, and had to yield. I knew she would come back.. to hold me and walk me through.. I waited.. I pondered.. I construed. I hallucinated. I wished. And then she came back. I knew it. I always knew it. A year hence, I cud hear her. I wanted to proceed. Then she said the time has come... I was overjoyed.

She slowly peeled away my bandage. I was blur at first. Then I was able to see. I could see! There she was, with him... A tear streaked across from my eyes. The glaring light, I mused. I hid my face to be comforted by the darkness. There was none. Take a pill, she insisted. I knew I can never get cured. People laughed and cursed and advised and bullied and made a joke. How will they ever know? Things always change, but some things dont.

Then it was time for her to leave. She said goodbye. I thot abt holding her back, but did I ever have a choice? She wanted me to stay in touch, but I just smiled and said I wouldnt disturb her. She understood that I finally understood and sighed in relief. She went her way. Away.

Now I cud see, but I was still a bit blur. I turned to find a smiling face offering me a helping hand. I was hesitent, but the smile seemed genuine. I prayed to God, and held that hand. Never to let go.

There are many unforgettable memories in life, some brings a smile, others a tear. But in my life, she features in more than one of them. And sometime this month, she is joining hands with him... With a tinge of sadness engulfing my heart, I hereby bid farewell... may God bless her, cos she indeed was one of my best friends!

Random Access
The search has just begun !!!

18 comments:

KC! said...

Sorry to hear that, buddy, but well it happens to most people unfortunately..and your narration is touching.

Unknown said...

For somebody so lovely,she was not meant to be. Well accept that & it is easier.

Hope ur search is successful soon!!
But the +ve side is u have agood friend, Right?

Take care.

Rashmi

LovingAndLosing said...

Is this a work of fact or fiction? I love how you've written it though :)

Random Access said...

Usha, yeah, failure is the stepping stone to success!

Rashmi, I have already accepted and moved on. And you arent the first person to misinterpret the search ;) Maybe shud write a seperate post on that one! And btw, "was" a good friend. Now just a friend.

Ms. V, i thot u shud know better than most if its fact or fiction!

And many seem to have misinterpreted the post. For all those buddies, its a reminiscence of my past, not my present!

Random Access
The search has just begun !!!

cutefreaky said...

advice ellam oorukku thaana? enna indha feelings oda post??

tata
sukku

Deepti Ravi said...

RA.. that was a very touching post!! But very vague.. is it abt onnoda allu???

LovingAndLosing said...

I thought so it was your past, and now that you confirmed it, I know EXACTLY what you're talking about.

Neets said...

what matters is that you've got over it and have a healthy out look to what happened.
need less to say that you have beautifully expressed it. :)

PreethZzZ The Original said...

paa enna feelings!!! just pouring out huh... well written... and before i could misinterpret it myself i know its not the present... so live in da present!!! ATB for tht! ;)

kuttichuvaru said...

well, hav been thro something similar... so can relate to some of the lines u had written... nice narration... some ppl are always more close to the heart...

Paavai said...

life is about small and big moment of happiness interwoven with sadness - when we look back, most of the sad moments make us feel we are fortunate to have experienced those feelings compared to the ones who have never experienced them - though it is cliched - it is better to suffer a broken heart than not having made ourselves vulnerable . Good to see you have moved on and best wishes

vishy said...

Ra,
I just have no words...

but now tht u have someone in ur life.. u shld not feel bad abt this.. though its tough..

Bottom line.. she missed u.

museful said...

Its one of those moments in life when such a person enters your sphere and makes things interesting and different only for them to go away makes you question what exactly transpired....no matter how much you think you can let go.....some part inside always tugs at the reminder of this wonderful memory in your reality of the present..... kinda know that feeling!!!..bittersweet for me!!

IBH said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
IBH said...

rombha nalla ezhudi iruke...it is very touchin!

Random Access said...

sukku.. wht to do.. i gues u know how it is :P
reception dress ke feelings na marriage ku?

deepti, somethings are better not made blatant..

Ms. V, I know u know... but u know.. i wish i knew what now know i know!

neets, u have put it in a neat way!

preethi, its easy to say live in the present.. but sometimes the past catches up with u...

kuttichuvaru, ange thaan poi muttikkanum, wht to do..

paavai, perfect! Absolutely nothing like failure when it comes to teaching us a valuable lesson in life.

Arthi, you can run, but u can never hide from ur past.

Vishy.. I failed, I accepted it and moved on to seek success da. I dont wanna give myself false pride saying she lost n stuff...

Sharana, yes, its a painful heavy carriage in ur heart, but every moment it pricks and hurts, we are becoming better at judging and getting to know people for what they are rather than what they say they are.

IBH, donno why u deleted ur first post ;) Anywayz, thanks..for both..

Random Access
The search has just begun !!!

Captain Sid Sparrow said...

You'll get over it and mov on da. Start looking for the next fish. Take the sailor's word on this, there are many many more ;)

Anonymous said...

Where did you find it? Interesting read » »