Thursday, March 02, 2006

Se7en

Seven seas? Seven continents? Seven days? Seven worlds? ....

Whether people are ruled by numbers are open to debate, especially among the folks who hasnt realised it first hand. But I am a guy who has been brought up with as much examples of numbers as anything else. Being fascinated by them from a very young age, I am always on the look out for nice numbers. If there is one guy smiling at a car number plate 9369 or 9786, it might be me. A simple example is my mom, who was born on Sep 21, married on Oct 21, joined her (only) job on Nov 21, when she was 21 yrs, her son born on kaarthigai 21, married her daughter on May 21, resigned her job on Feb 21, her son joined his first job on Jul 21, and a bit more that I tend to have forgotten.

Everyone tends to be ruled by numbers, and you would be in awe, if only you cared to stop and look at it. I am myself ruled by 6, but for the last coupla years, my life has taken the 7 route. Needless to mention, it was due to a person ruled by number 7. From the date I met the person (16th), I have felt its influence on all the major activities in my life. Though 6 and 7 dont have that much of a chemistry between them, it has really sparked between the two of us.

OK, now to the crux of the matter. After 7 weeks of job search, where there were severe doubts on my sanity, and offers that were interleaved, making me akin to a gambler in terms of playing my cards right to get the best possible outcome, and rejecting the likes of Mahindra British Telecom, Strategem Technologies, Deutsche Bank, Microsoft, SCS, Credit Suisse First Boston, I have decided to take up my 7th offer with Barclays Capital. Thanks for all the prayers, guidance and well wishes from a lot of quarters, and equally so the screams, the tensions, the doubts, the questions, the advices and the bashings that made me more circumspect than i usually am, I think Im finally in the right path towards achieving my long term goals. Incidentally, I set foot on the 7th of the 7th month 7 yrs back in this country. Needless to say, Im in seventh heaven! And thank you, Ms. 7 ;)

Now off to 7-Eleven to celebrate!

PS: Thanks for all your concerned remarks in the previous post! I might have made it a bit blur, but heres the news. Yes, it was abt my job and my offer was withdrawn, but due to "exceptional circumstances" and after a high level meeting, it was decided that my case seemed to a "honest mistake", whatever that is, and a new offer was given to me today. After being given a 0.1% success rate yday, its a huge sigh of relief. Surely more things are wraught by prayers than the world dreams of :) So, from monday, I am no longer a velai illa pattadhari... :P After 1 month in the gutters, its gonna be bak to hectic life..donno to laff or cry, but it definitely a smile to others! And trust me, honesty is definitely the best policy... though very costly :P

Random Access
The search has just begun !!!

15 comments:

cutefreaky said...

wow... so... neee enna nokioaaaaaa????

hehehe.. congrats... well i was abt to tell u smthing b4 which u logged out.. n i felt smthing strongly....
tata
sukku
PS : congrats daa..am so happy for u...

Dinesh said...

kalakki podu!

Anonymous said...

hehe...hope you two wont be at sixes and sevens with each other...sorry, couldn't resist ;)

Btw, Many congrats !!! Glad to read your blog and find out how you are getting along !!

Random Access said...

sukku, nokia only when u come to this part of asia :P if u betray me n go to middle east.. u know what im capable of ;)

dinx, thanks man! finally....

anon, i hope not !

Random Access
The search has just begun !!!

awakeningcoma said...

all the best machi

Unknown said...

Congratulations Ran.

Deepti Ravi said...

congratulations!!!kandippa treat tharanum!! :) :)

Paavai said...

Congratulations and best wishes to you - vaimaye vellum :)-

kuttichuvaru said...

Congrats n Best Wishes!!!

museful said...

First of congratulations!!!!...may your lucky no.7 bring more joy like the 7 colors of the rainbow (a little corny)!!!...good luck!!!

Jagan said...

congrats abt the work machi ..

Random Access said...

Thanks a lot for all ur wishes. Things seem to be finally falling into place, for now..

Random Access
The search has just begun !!!

vishy said...

dei Ra congrats da.. good to know that you landed in ur perfect job..

and yeah I think you would be reading this message on the 7th

Anonymous said...

Hi, I actually got a phone interview with Strategem Technologies, is it a big company ? Do you know what is their website address ?

Random Access said...

Hey anon,

You can send me an email or contact me through phone, will be a better way to discuss about that I guess.

Random Access
The search has just begun !!!