Sunday, July 17, 2005

Double Century and Private Sanctuary

Often the most mundane and taken-for-granted things gets highlighted in life only when we dont have them and we really feel the need for them. Juz like a blasted pillow in a pathetic state, with hair oil, sweat and jollu linings in a bed that is curvier than any girl here (ok, i aint gonna go into tht again)...

I never missed my bed as much as i did last night. I thoroughly enjoyed the previous 200 hrs..as u cud only enjoy when u r wide awake. With no pride at stake, I did take a nap for 4 hrs in a makeover bed (3 chairs combined - it is an art to sleep like that), in what cud be essentially termed as the last week. I did manage a complete week without sleep during my 3rd year, but with a beautiful girl (MM) for company some of that time and my vibrant youth, it wasnt that tough. Now that wrinkled burmudas have changed to crumpled formal shirts and pants, and with the girl replaced by a hottie (my office comp - u shud touch it!), I did feel worn out at the end of it. I am very happy that Coca Cola and McDonalds would enjoy a massive profit this quarter (all unpaid expenses ofcourse.. for all those living on OT, good for u!).

With my usual 4 hrs of sleep a day taken away from me by the whiff of .net-magic (i juz donno why some things juz dont work..i did try beating and begging) and the pile of Error Catalogs on my table littered with everything but a pillow, I was indeed shaken by the sheer blissfulness of working life. I did come home to greet my roomies (well, only one was in sight) and clean, but the weight of responsibility weighed down on me and I was off inbetween an enthralling captain's film.

I realised how much life has been good to me in the last week...Im tempted to call it a wake up call, but that would sound cliched. Needless to say I havent got over my hangover with a mere 6 hrs yday, as I am running an hectic 20/7 schedule which will occasionally become 24/7, and im waiting to taste the heavenly tidbit called sleep. Ofcourse, it was all cos one miss is missing...God knows wht will happen otherwise! and tht wud have definitely explained the absence of any sense in this blog.

It wasnt without a few pressures. I think Ms. V can lemme know whts the fear of closing ur eye-lids are (in the absence of the bio-guru Ms. A garu), but I did have it the last week. I knew that once I close it for more than a micro second, its gonna seep into my brain and seduce it with its entropin, dissolving the caffeine content that I injected through litres of coke, and steadily take over my entire body. Its the worst feeling realising and accepting that an alien force is taking over ur body, yet fighting helplessly to stay ur own self.

I give myself three options now:

1. A lap from Blore
2. An arm from Chennai
3. A pillow from Singapore.

Well, as high the hopes might be, reality sinks in and I realise it will be hours before I can go into the sanctuary facilitated by the last option...and live to fight another day.

Being the person who would like atleast others to have what I dont, I dont care whats the time there for u. Good Night!

PS God: juz 4 hrs plz :(

Random Access
The search has just begun !!!

10 comments:

Balakumar said...

Not sure if I missed it as I read thru, but what are you doing with .NET?

Balakumar said...

And hope u r not haunted in those 4 hours about missing ; and ()! :D

ada-paavi!!!! said...

thanx for visiting my blog, do keep visiting,
i made no sense of this blog except tat u get no sleep!

TJ said...

poi nalla thoongungaa..!!
Ensai..

Random Access said...

Bala, I have been .Netting the world (or whtever small stuff I can) for the last 3.5 years. Im right now a Solution Architect with a company in Singapore. Govt udhyogam pa!

And Vatsan, u r spot on!

TJ, thangu, got a nice sleep and now am ready for the new week. Bring it on!

Random Access
The search has just begun !!!

LovingAndLosing said...

Fear of sleep is called "Somniphobia". More interesting however is the fear of opening one's eyes which is called "Optophobia". You don't need a bio-guru or any kind of guru anymore. Every kind of guru is what Google is. Unless you have a fear of Google for which there is not yet a term but could be soon.

Random Access said...

Thangu Ms. V. I am sure that you wud have figured out I have workophobia and that laziness is the root cause of avoiding even google.

Random Access
The search has just begun !!!

Anonymous said...

Dont b so stupid and work so hard.....

Random Access said...

Special thanks to Anonymous for your first comment in my blog. Im honoured :) And yeah, I will try not to be stupid.

Random Access
The search has just begun !!!

museful said...

workophobia ......thats one thing i always suffer from......as for sleeping thats one thing am not yet suffering from.....sleep is one thing thats high on my to-do list!!!!...but u do rest and take a break!!!