Friday, June 24, 2005

The Blessing

What have we in this world, so precious
That even a thought about it would taste delicious
A heart of gold, a body sculpted to perfection and a soul so gracious
That any attempt at describing it through words would be simply outrageous

A smile from ear to ear, so captivating
In its innocence and brilliance, it’s invigorating
It is a topic that is not worth debating
Cos just the purity of the package is so gravitating

I never had trouble finding words like I do now
Or for that matter, whenever I think about a vow
That I took a couple of years before
In the month of my birth, a date reading four times four

It aint a writer's block, far from it
When all I can do is think about it, every bit
Destiny, as its so often called, bound together
Two unstrung strands called him and her

Its often trivialized as just a four letter word
But that feeling is the best in life, not everyone can afford
And this I feel whenever I get to think
Of the titanic personality, who made my heart sink.

Separated by time and space, I yearn for her presence
Joined by our mutual feelings in every perceivable sense
Curse, I do, for I have to undergo this excruciating sacrifice
When in reality a wish in person and just a gentle hug would suffice

Twenty two years ago, on this wonderful day, five times five
When every single Indian soul then alive
Was rejoicing their heroes lift the World Cup trophy, live
So blissfully ignorant of the real blessing to arrive

When earth-bound came an angel from heaven
Having to go through human suffering, caused by the number seven
But God knows only the best people can handle the pain
That many others would give anything to abstain.

Sometimes I wonder why life has to be so unfair
That I have to be so far away from the people I really care
Tears that rolled down her cheeks, as her quivering lips did part,
When the last I saw of her and I had to depart,

Was like a blemish on an impeccable piece of art
Which continue to prick me, day in and out, like a dart
Cos after all, what I left behind was a piece of my heart
And will last till we no longer have to be physically apart.

Love is a feeling, people say, but I saw it in her eyes
Filled with innocence and faith, devoid of vice
I wish I can make this special day a bit of a surprise
Cos for me, she has definitely been the ultimate prize.

Millions aint worth a penny, if you are not with these people
For they think of you more than yourself, is justification ample
Just like my parents, who had set me an example
She, in every way, forms a perfect sample.

So painful it is to get words through, even if I feel they are due
When my eyes resemble sparkling leaves in the morning dew
Longing to resurrect my torn world and begin life anew
With a person, whom I have been with, just a few

Days, or was it years
Cos I was trying to suffocate my eyes and ears
Capturing as much as I could, while it lasted
As every moment without her is equivalent to being wasted.

I don’t like to send en e-card or something copy pasted
As only in my heart can I replicate how sweetly it tasted
Looking at her now, ever so beautiful, albeit digitally
I could feel her looking back at me, engulfing my heart totally

With her lovely glistening smiles
Aligned with smooth polished tiles
In my brain, every pixel re-compiles
Bridging two souls and 2000 miles

On this most joyous occasion
I would like to thank her for making me a better person;
Ever after she made her conquest after a sudden invasion
I have been dreaming about the future without any cessation -

After an evening of glorious glittering procession
Accompanied by classical musical percussion
And garnering the much-awaited religious permission
I will finally make my invaluable acquisition.

Worries lash her gentle heart, a thousand and one
And till now, I have managed to quench none
From the time I have known her, it has not all been joy and fun
But that’s life, and that’s the way it’s done.

My mistakes in the past, she has forgiven
Loves me, she does, this beautiful vixen
So do I, with all my heart, and dreams I have a ton
For our life together has just begun.

She’s a rarity of a girl that I want to preserve
Giving her joy and happiness that she eternally does deserve
A few thoughts I have translated into words with a lot more in reserve
Those that I can’t put in words, however much I have tried so far, let me conserve.

She has definitely been a divine blessing for me
As for a lot of others, and those loved ones will agree
On this beautiful day, I have but an intermittent plea
That my goddess, soon I will be able to see and forever let it be.

This aint really a worthy birthday present
And I still need to earn her parents' consent
But after electing to suffer, I am finally on the ascent
Hoping soon I can become worthy of being her match, a bit decent.

This physical separation, we have been left to silently rue
But in this new year, happiness and prosperity in plenty may you accrue
To start with, let me wish you
A Very Happy Birthday Janu!


Random Access
The search has just begun !!! (to bring happiness to this soul)

5 comments:

LovingAndLosing said...

SO F%$^ING BEAUTIFUL!!!!! It made me cry.

Find me a guy like you. Please.

museful said...

absolutely moving...wow such a good piece of work......really janu is lucky!!!

Random Access said...

Thanks! :D Couldnt reply before as I was waiting tensed n biting nails in anticipation of what the bday girl will tell me, and now that it was positive, I am happy :) Thats all that matters, isnt it? ;)

Random Access
The search has just begun !!!

Anjali said...

Oh you made my lacramal gland oveactive.A beautiful verse.what alovley dedication for janu/both of you are lucky and deserve each other.all the best.

PreethZzZ The Original said...

how absolutely sweet! Janu is very lucky to have a guy like u, no doubt the result was positive! ;)!