Wednesday, June 15, 2005

Friend Philosopher Guide God

For the one and only one...


Friend Philosopher Guide God

I dont know where and how to start
Cos you are as delicious as a pineapple tart
A smile that you spontaneously bring to my face
Everytime I think of you, every one of the days.

How much I yearn for a tight embrace
Conveying my greetings to my ace
On being with me, yet another year in life's race
And I would be overjoyed to receive your grace.

I owe you so much in life
Not to mention life itself
I am so far from you and your wife
Yet you always think of me before self.

So much I dream, which still remain dreams
That I wanted to give you, still unrealised I rue
But those recollections, of school days and ice creams
And you have given me everything I wanted, all through!

From balloons to Hot Wheels
To all that I now realise as one-sided deals
From the trembling hands that bandaged my wounded knees
To being with me all the time to get the books and pay school fees.

From melting your heart whenever you heard a "pleaaase"
To moulding me into a boy capable of living life overseas
From making me navigate a tricky adoloscence phase with ease
To pouring down my cheeks as I feel your absence when writing these.

From taking your deserved place in my heart on a permanent lease
To giving me memorable laughs and cornered grins with your uncanny tease
From making me realise, from a young age, the importance of courtesies
To taking pride when I lifted aloft my Best Conduct trophies.

To describe you, I cant find a fitting phrase
You are as brilliant as the sun's rays
From the image in my heart and what my history portrays
You mean so much to me, much more than what this poem says.

6"2 is the latest tamil movie
That doesnt promise much, says the tv
At 62, you are still tech savvy
My eternal pride, my internal envy.

You have been as good a teacher in my life as any other
People yearn for those they dont have, but I dont miss a brother
And a true friend above anyone I have ever got, even her
You will be etched in my heart and memories forever.

A philosopher, so perfect that I love it to the core
A reliable guide who has experienced my future before
The God, my god, that I have only heard in folklore
Without you around, for the past 6 yrs, I feel terribly sore.

I think of you all the time
Not being with you is the biggest of my crime
Your words, your blessings have shaped me in my prime
Your love I try to unwittingly return in the prayers I chime.

Memories bring a smile, so painful
Looking blankly at the skies with a face sinful
Trying to locate mercy, care, confidence and comfort, plentiful
That I always find in your words, reverberating ever so beautiful.

Through all this disdain I can declare
That you have done everything for me, beyond compare
And life is so pathetically unconvincingly unfair
That I dint allow you the luxury of choosing my pair.

Now I realise the true meaning of giving
Unto others without nurturing the returns
Tredding the big bad world with barely enuf for a living
Holding your invisible hand to traverse along the twist and turns.

When it comes to expressing how I feel now, I do miserably fail
In this impossible endeavour of putting forth love, words are of no avail
Having left with no choice, I stop this flow, although thoughts prevail
"I LOVE YOU APPA", something I have never told you, and thus I vail...

Random Access
The search has just begun !!! (to get some happiness into the life of the one)

4 comments:

Random Access said...

Feels odd to be the first to cmment on my own post, but thanks A :)

Btw, whats the fun in paying all the tributes in the post itself? ;)

Random Access
The search has just begun !!! (to enjoy the difference)

museful said...

Wow really a wonderful ode to your dad...really thoughtful!!!...makes

ranga said...

Top-Class... touched a chord somewhere...

Balakumar said...

One word - Beautiful!