Saturday, June 18, 2005

Blogs and Bloggers

I am not going to talk about why you should blog or what makes one blog..I am gonna talk abt blog-surfing. Just reading through the blogs and how it makes one feel. There are so much stuff out there that you might need a search engine dedicated for the blog world! With blogspot rockin the show, there are other sites like xanga and squarespace munching the crumbs. Well, on blog surfing, I have one word for that...humbling... It makes u realise there are so many people out there trying to do so many things, having such wonderful sense of rhyme and meaning, ability to convey thoughts precisely as words, short and sweet, or long and strong, it doesnt really matter. They do the same thing. And earlier, when I started blogging, and knowing the ABCs of blogs, I used to come across posts with 2-3 comments. Now I can find 30-40 comments on an average in a decent blog. If you thot reading blogs will take up all your time, imagine reading thru all the comments (its damn tempting to not miss those...they have yet more discussions and sometimes thots as lovely as the post themselves). And this realisation made me cautious and thot about limiting my prowess. But even following blog-rollers like "A" can be quite dangerous and tedious at times as you bump into a lot of irresistable blogs. Its a question of where you restrict yourself. I thought if I go by my interests, it should be quite few. My favorites list doesnt seem to think so! As much as I want to put a full stop to my growing blog list everyday, it continues to be an eluding comma.....,

And now, to hear what other bloggers think about blogs:

I think we all blog because we want an outlet and don't really care if anyone wants to listen or not. And it is great to shout without really bothering about who hears, or how they respond - StarGazer

I'll write about nice things because I want to remind myself about the nice things that are in this life, nice things that make life worth living. - StarGazer

Each of the blogs is essentially what n how the blogger wud like the stuff he reads to be! So the blog is the blogger itself! - Makki

On one hand, u have ppl writing on their fave potato chips ( Pringles , in this case...) , an absolutely nothing topic to write on, but still makes a rather "decently interesting read"....reminded me of my most fave cloumn in the Hindu," The Slice of Life" by V.Gangadhar..He had the gift of morphing the mundane into absolutely hilarious situations. So his weekly column was nothing but the present day blog.. jus the kind that we wud attempt to write, but IMMENSELY ENJOYABLE... - Ranga

Well, I don't know if any of you have heard of Bikram Bohra. But he is my favorite columnist. He too writes about stuff that just about anyone can relate too. And he's so witty, always makes me laugh to tears. - Ms. V

Been a while since I blogged,
At this end of the world, I am so bogged.
The summer sun gets me thawed,
Yet my zeal, It just gets sogged.
- Vishy

I think that peom's the nicest way of expressing one's bloggin' blues.. - StarGazer

But words are things, and a small drop of ink,
Falling like dew, upon a thought, produces
That which makes thousands, perhaps millions, think.
- Bala

Very few people have the ability to capture profound emotions and thoughts in the simplest of words. One such writer is UK-based Ammani. On her now very popular blog, she posts short stories (that she calls Quick Tales) - each no more than a few lines that reach deep into the reader and finds a pulse that resonates in harmony. The elegance and simplicity is mind-blowing. - Bala

I Blog - - - Therefore I am - Princess

This page is not a promise of any magic. It is most definitely not a window to my world. I am not an open book and I am still confident i cant write. But I want to write more...For as i told you i can write no more than words, simple words.. - Princess

but, in my defence, can i help it if people flock to my blog just like that? however, i take this insult as a compliment - Swetha

i was wondering how all this would sound to a person who stumbles here accidentally. would it make any sense to her?....there are several questions running through my mind. for instance - something as basic as -- what should i write? to something as absurd as - should i edit my blog after i write it? will it make my blog too perfect and less like a blog?..should i let my blog reflect my inner thoughts and personality - Swetha

Here is for me to talk abt why i feel something i do and what i do when i feel something....:). - Susmita

I started blogging after my brother suggested it. He has, is and will be the best critic of my articles/poems et al. His idea was that maybe I'd get folks to comment on my work and hence gauge it... I started sorting out my own perspectives. I may not have agreed with what the other bloggie had to say, but it made my own ideas clearer.. - V

one can sharpen his/her saw by getting to know ideas from others albeit those ideas being a completely contrary though - Anonymous

*sigh* !!! One more ....changing blogs like a dress :-p... - Phantom

U have a nice blog. And i like the habit of urs changing blogs often. Change should always be there. That would make the page more dynamic. ...blogging is abt u and ur thoughts, its more a part of urself. Don just let go of this habit - Anand

Why do I blog? Because I love the attention. Now that I’ve said what everyone wants to hear, let me answer the question. Because I love to write. Period. - Ms. V

And for those of you who blog, there might just be a day when I visit yours...so keep posting!

Random Access
The search has just begun !!!

4 comments:

ESIH said...

Hey thanks for Quoting...well..blog just rocks..and thnx for dropping by..:).

Ms.V said...

Hola!

Thanks for that! I've been immortalised in the blog world lol..:)

Random Access said...

Thanks for another quote ma'am! Juz a little jaded cos I found this comment after I had dedicated the next post to you :)

Random Access
The search has just begun !!!

vishy said...

hm.. another nice one.. well I wonder how u come up with nice topics to blog about..