Sunday, October 09, 2005

Identity Crisis!

Close on the heels of a person screaming ayyo ayyayo comes my confessional revelation. I have always had predominantly two online identities. Random Access and Sooper Crack, though the second was only a stop gap, incase the first one was not available. For some strange reason, some domains dont allow my primary identity. Maybe they got the hint from my company mail server which thinks an identity like that can only correspond to a hacker or spammer :( If there is something I would hate to lose in my life, there wud be many things...but definitely my nicks form a part of those. Why? There are many reasons. A bit of history now..

It all started when I travelled from Singara Chennai and landed here. Being a land of unseen obscenity, they brand "A" movies as "RA". Cmon, dont mock, they renamed Austin Powers 2 as "Austin Powers 2 - The spy who shiocked me" before releasing it :P Wonder what wud have been the fate of Midnight Masala ;) Ok, so that was enuf excuse for my seniors wanton for a nick for a guy who dared to proclaim himself as "above average". Anywayz, once I got myself a comp, I had to name it something..I decided to make RA as a decent enuf acronym and create myself an identity. So the spur of the moment was Random Access. Without further ado, lemme stressssss that the nick is damn powerful. You can ask the number of gals who added me in their ICQ juz cos of the nick ;) Though I am defunct there now, I still remember feeling nice abt making friendships all over the world. So much that from 1 Random Access in 1999 (yeah, I was the first), it has become at 30-40 people having the nick of Random Access in ICQ. And yes, blogspot deserves its share of praises too... But all thanks to Random Access...Ofcourse, it has become more popular thanks to my electric poetry, technical provess and expressionate blogging (I can see u nodding yeah yeah, so keep it that way ;))

Sooper Crack came into existence for the sheer lack of space in my yahoo and msn messenger lists. When I signed up for blogspot, I was grrrr-ing when I realised Random Access is taken. Guess what, its no copyright issue, but the guy has been there in blogspot from 2001...damn! I am Random Access from 1999. And worse still, all it contains is a crappy coupla posts on some music. So, this is definitely not doing justice to the identity and the status it deserves! It irked me so much that its right on top on my Wish List! But as usual, Random Access sure does rock...though my blogspot ID is still sooper-crack. Even that might become a future copyright issue as well, so I have to feel a bit contended at present!

I juz wish....

Random Access
The search has just begun !!!

3 comments:

Visithra said...

Ahhh so thats why theres 2 nicks - ehhehe austin powers was renamed here too ;p

GS said...

so thats the story behind Random Access becoming Sooper Crack. I think both the nicks are cool, esp RA.

ioiio said...

hhhhhehheehehheh.. ingayumaaa