Thursday, September 01, 2005

Lunchtime Dilemma

There is always a Dilemma for me walking into China Square everyday for lunch. On the first floor (Level 2 as they call it here), we have a crowded Punjabi stall, serving up hot rotis and chappathis and naans and other north indian stuff. Thanks to them I realised roti and chappathi are different! And also, there is a hot Punjabi girl who serves the dishes and all the guys will proclaim in unison that the way she bends down to serve them exposes her...humbleness, thus making it no wonder that they draw a lot of crowd. Dont know how many know that she has a kid! "Neenga endha skool padikkareenga?" range.

On the other hand, on Level B1 (yeah, thts how these guys call a basement), we have a stall whose name I try to remember everyday and every day i forget. Shudhmukh Dakshin whatever crap. The average age of the "servers" there is 50+ and they serve all of sambar and thachi mammum. And they charge pretty high!

My choice? I love thachi mammum.

Miss the kenjals, konjals and threats and offers to "ootify" by my mom just to get a couple of mouthfuls of the same thachi mammum :(

Random Access
The search has just begun !!!

9 comments:

PreethZzZ The Original said...

awww...a mama's boy hey... gd to see they still exist... :)

Random Access said...

hmm I was never a mama's boy actually...

Everyone:Mom::RA:Dad

But juz tht I miss everything back home :(

Random Access
The search has just begun !!!

Paavai said...

I can hear ennum koncham, oru vaai, anda paadi mathram saptudu meediya kaakaiku podalam ...

Girish said...

ah!
my blog on the left, "culture" nu potrukka paaru.. Rara... ENGIYO poyitta mama..
seriously, feelin real good about it...
but i write only at inbetweengap these days, so.

Random Access said...

So...you shud look up and see the word "Tenant". I think its juz filling the gap right? If you are abandoning the squarespace, lemme know, I will reverse the words.

Random Access
The search has just begun !!!

Random Access said...

Paavai, u got it perfect. Cha, How I wantedly posed problems to eat so that I get to play something and get my mom to ootify!

Random Access
The search has just begun !!!

TJ said...

Ootify!!
Cool, i am not alone.. :)

My mom used to do that for me even while i was doing post grad.

It is basically optimal utilization of resources. I can still be wearing my shoes, and eating too..

ada-paavi!!!! said...

tacchi mamum + maavadu is awesome combination

Girish said...

"cut the crap abt iima girish, u shud realise some others dun give a damn ;)"

apdinnaa? wat did i expect? what shud i realise?