Tuesday, September 06, 2005

Thalai !!!





When u talk abt whoz the "thalai", nammavar comes to the fore for more than one reason. Lets talk a bit abt how we became pals. Puls has been with me from a quite young age (from 1991 to be precise). Being hyper to take a look around 108 puls on Vinayaka Chaturthi, I went around in my rented cycle. Was really fun and I went far and wide. Stopped near "Raghavendra Kalyana Mandapam" and took in some usual "Deepa Aaradhanai". Nothin new except that when the poojari came to give me the viboodhi, he also gave me a small stothra book and asked me to recite it every Chaturthi (its a phase of moon, comes every fortnight). I have no idea abt why he said it, but me fell in love on first sight with the elephant-faced guy! So I decided to give it a shot n went n told my parents. Since then, ive been doin it, although with a glitch of forgotten memory here n there. Although since the book has got bigger, and puls has kept up to date with technology and cloned himself in my showcase, the small puls idol that I first had, still remains with me. This strict rigour really made me into the person I am today. I had some stupid sentis. From my young age, I resolved not to kill anything (incl blood sapping mosquitoes) on Chaturthi. During my teenage, this evolved into the policy of "no lies" and "no sightings" on Chaturthi. Poor da gals ;) But whtever crappy policy I had, it really meant one thing. Giving me the strength to resist temptations. I might hav said this before, but I believe temptations will always be there. Its a personal decision whether u wanna give into it or not, and these decisions are what shapes u in ur life. Whether it made me take the right decisions or not, it made me a bit more resistant and prudent to the temptations around me. So all in all, today is the bday of my best friend for life and i juz wanna say "Thanks for being with me through thick n thin". Love ya puls!

Random Access
The search has just begun !!!

6 comments:

Dinesh said...

Didn't know that today was Ganesh Chathurthi. Have lost track of all small scale festivals since leaving India - saraswathi pooja, vijaya dasami, kaarthihai et al!

TJ said...

Praying Thalai to shower all his choiciest blessings on all of us :)

PreethZzZ The Original said...

hehe... not even first name basis... its nick name basis... ah ha... lol.. keep it up! ;)

Random Access said...

Cant find a wretched 108 puls in this place, but I did go to a few places. Was kinda relaxing and enjoyable. After a long time, went to Komalas and had what cud be ascribed as heavenly food. I ran into an ex-colleague and he was asking who else i was with, cos he found me with a pongal-idli-vadai-paper thosai-bhattura combination. Though the bhattura was specially made to drip 1/2 ltr oil, the whole package was filling nevertheless. Prayed for the well being of all n sundry, to be as delicious as a pack of dratchai n mundri...thats what i got as prasadam for archanai. Now the foold is beginning to take effect and a long awaited long relaxed n contended zzzzzz to follow.

Random Access
The search has just begun !!!

Deepti Ravi said...

quite inspired!!! :) a very colourful description btw of the poojari!!!

Anjali said...

kudos to puls and his palRA