Saturday, September 25, 2004

Kindergarden

LKG : I remember clearly my first day in school. My mother and father prepared me well for the first day long before I stepped into school. But I realise now that they were really anxious. I went into the class filled with kids screaming n crying. I went and sat in some empty desk and was curious as to why the next guy was crying. I remember my mother just sneaking a glance through the window to check on me, and smiled on seeing that I was doing ok. After school, I ran to the gate where my father was the first one standing, and that continued right till the end of my school days!

One more thing I remember about LKG was my birthday. My father had purchased me cadbury's chocolate nuts. I went around distributing to everyone. I offered one to all the aayahs' there and they blessed me saying 'nice kid'. And I always was a nice kid, thanks to their wishes in part.

My routine was that my father picked me up from the school and after coming back home and having lunch, he used to make me liw down with him. But once he slept off, I used to get up and play something or just do something or the other out of curiosity. I learnt to lie also pretty early to cover up my mistakes, but there wasnt one thing that wasnt found out.

I also used to vividly watch the street cricket from the balcony of my house. Except for one coconut tree, I could watch much of the action. I even remember some of the names of the guys who used to play cricket, but I used to think all of them were good in one way or the other. I used to finish my homework in the afternoon when I was supposed to be sleeping so that I can watch the cricket in the evening. If they dint play, I would be really disappointed. My passion for cricket started then. I dint wanna make it big and all that, but I just loved the game.

UKG: I dont remember much apart from the day when we were given some prizes for the previous year. I dint know then that I received the prize from Mr. C. Subramaniam, the former minister for industries, who was a key person in the industrial revolution of India in the 60s. Anywayz, I got my first prize (3 little pigs story book). I remember thinking that the auditorium side entrances to the stage was really cramped cos of all the performers and the list of students to get awards.

No comments: