Saturday, September 25, 2004

Std 3

Well, I managed to get an ALL ROUNDER award in class 2 (I had no idea why they gave it or for what, but it was an award and I dint really feel really happy about it). But they presented it in some auditorium (I think Narada Gana Sabha) and I was happy that some of my relatives came to see me receive the prize. It was nice in that way. Anywayz, I managed to get into the E section, though I had a disliking to people being grouped according to their academics as I had to leave some of my friends, who went to other sections. 3E was an experience in itself. I was with the best academic students of my batch at that time. It made me get to know some more guys.

There was one Siva Shankari, and however much I tried, apart from in 1-2 subjects, I always used to end up second best. This made me fiercely competitive. Though I never really put in extra effort or slogged, I wanted to be the best. One more guy, M.Vikram was a good friend and we three used to fight out for the top slot. I lost out in the end and dint get the ALL ROUNDER prize for that year.

The thing I remember best about my third was the GK (General Knowledge) sessions. It was really interesting and I took a liking for facts then. I was amazed by the number of things out there in the world. I was also part of some competition groups (ofcourse headed by Siva Shankari) but I never really wanted to test how well I knew GK. All I wanted was to know some things. Also, that year, I had my first PCM exam, in which I got to the finals. Some things I never win in life, and this was one of them. Every year I took part in those exams, I used to get into the finals but never cross that final hurdle to win something. I think its due to the fact that I dont really wanna win in such things. I am glad that Im decent enough.

I remember one day when my rikshaw-man did not turn up in school and so I coaxed RamKumar to accompany me in walking/ running back to our house. It was some 4kms and it took us some 45 mins to reach home. Parents were anxious and the next day, we got quite a bit of 'treatment' from our rikshaw-man, but it was part of my adventurous spirit, and I quite liked it.

I also got my first certicate for full attendance in that year. I felt pretty happy with that.

No comments: