Saturday, September 25, 2004

Std 10

All eyes on the public exam right from the start. 10th was supposed to be a race, but we had a lot of fun and enjoyment along the way. Many memorable instances were there. We used to mock at all the teachers and treat every period as fun. The unique moment of 10th was when I got slapped by my teacher for the only time. Mrs. Anuradha Sridhar, the biology teacher, asked me to stand up, then realised she was too short, pulled me down and holding my ear, slapped me hard. I was puzzled and stunned. I could not believe all that was for a wrong answer and a smile.
The Prayoga science labs were interesting. I got to know about some technology used to do experiments. I remember the last lab of prayoga that I had to attend and I was down with severe viral fever and was vomitting. I could not postpone it as it was too close to the board exams. I heard my father say that my sis had written her 10th board exams when she had chicken pox and it was horrible and that he was praying nothing like that should happen to me. That increased my regards for my sis a lot. Somehow managed to go there and finish it off. Well, this incident shouldnt matter except for the fact that I realised that even in the worst possible moment, when you think you cant take another step, you can still push yourself to the limit and beyond.

Any account of 10th wont be complete without a mention about the farewell. We had a class farewell, where all the teachers were present. We had an awesome presentation for the teachers including performances and food. The mimicry session by Vikram Sundar was awesome. That got a couple of teachers Alamelu Chidambaram and Chandra Nagarajan pretty pissed off. The ones we were thinking will get annoyed (Chitra Devarajan-CD alias maggi) was taking it very jovially. Ofcourse, the spirited song "Aathula annakili" by Balaji, which was at that time, the most perverted song - was another highlight. It was a really nice way to say good bye to each other, but we were too young to really know where we were headed or gather some info to keep in touch with each other. But one thing I realised quite late is that you can never forget what happened and will always relish the friendships made.

No comments: