Saturday, September 25, 2004

Year 2

With the juniors arriving, it was my turn to "treat" them well. I never believed in physical torture, which some guys seemed to like, but more just talkin to them and breaking them down mentally. I also realised that all is not well with the world and life aint a bed of roses. This year also introduced me to chatting on the internet. Started off accidentally, but became quite fun making friendships all over the world. Notable of those were 2 gals named Aishwarya and Maathangi, who became quite good friends. I was staying quite far from the other guys in my batch, so the computer (games, music, movies, surfing) became my life. And ofcourse chatting, which I was to become synonymous with, for my friends. And predictably I was "linked" to Aishwarya. I was linked to some gals at school as well, and I always found it amusing when people talk about you and a gal. I dont know if its good or bad that I never retaliated to the guys when they say something like that. One nice thing was that our In-House Project was selected the best hardware project as it used the least number of ICs. Well, I was doing the software side :P I remember till the last week, nothing worked, and a coupla ppl in my group ditched us and went to India. Anumeha and me slogged it out in her room in the nights (its quite funny that this actually makes some people pretty jealous), and on the last night, made it work! I always like challenges and the satisfaction you get once you struggle and finally find the solution is just heavenly. Even though the project was in Java, I realised that I dont like it.

In the second half, one of my friends Dinesh was quite depressed and used to spend half the time in my room. He was a quite nice guy and I was talking him up and managed to make him put in some effort to study. Its always tough to come out of being hurt, but I being an optimist to the core, never find it tough to come out of any bad thing in my life. I also remember thinking how could a gal affect one's life so much, but I would later realise... But having Dinesh around was the start of my interest in English music. One thing thats bad about me is that I have some prejudices and I stick to it. I am pretty tough mentally and dont care a damn about what anyone says. I do what I like and thats it. But he was able to make me listen to a coupla songs which I really liked. Even now, I am dependant on him to add to my English song collection! Maybe that says something about me.

And my roommate syndrome continues...First half, I had a guy called Vivek Kausik, who was branded a paedophile, so you know the kinda music that greeted me on my arrival everytime. And he was a game-freak, I enjoyed beating him in racing games. I really played and played and played racing games and became pretty good at it. NFS was my favourite. Dinesh re-introduced me to the world of Formula1 and I became a crazy fan.

Second year was Smooth.

No comments: