Saturday, September 25, 2004

Year 1

It was a bit strange with everyone telling me before departure to take care and dont be home sick and stuff. I wasnt feeling anything as I was looking forward to a new experience which I was pretty curious about. And I still remember giggling when they told me dont get into any bad habits. Maybe I was too confident of myself :P Once I landed here, was fun. The orientation (aka ragging) went on for sometime and I managed to find a lot of new friends among batchmates and seniors. I was probably the most oriented junior in my batch. I also realised I was pretty much home sick, even though I quite enjoyed being independant. Didnt feel lonely as there were so many Indians around. I also got famous (or infamous) due to my poetry skills which people generally mock at, but got some good comments as well. Some even went to the extent of creating a RA Samaj for me :P I was what people define a "fruit" when I entered university, but since then got to know a lot of things (both good and bad), but atleast I wasnt ignorant anymore! A coupla girls (one local gal and one batchmate of mine) came and proposed to me during the first month. The first gal, I got shocked and with my parents' warning of not to get into "anything", I was pretty afraid. So I rejected. The second gal, I was surprised she proposed as I hadnt even known her that much, and I thought generally guys go after girls. Plus I did not know Hindi (yeah, my decision criteria arent the best in town :P). So, I just said sorry. Well, it makes me a bit sad that she kinda became weird after that, but I keep telling myself its her nature and I hope its not due to me!

Also, this was the start of my "Rommmate Syndrome". The first half I shifted 4 rooms within a space of 1 month, and then I had a local Indian guy as my roomie, who left his Mech Engg course (which he did for 3 yrs) to go to Australia and do medical! Then came a french guy. Dint get on well with them, as I had just got a comp, and he wasnt happy with my prodding away at it at unearthy times (I usually stay up quite late at nights, which irked him). He has a nice french babe as his gf for sometime, and one night, he started making out with her in the room. I got so shocked that I spent a coupla hours in the next room. I was thinking whats wrong with these people who dont even care about whoz in ther? Later, came and slept quietly. The next day morning gave me a sight for a split second I will never forget though ;)
First year was Fun.

No comments: