Saturday, September 25, 2004

Std 12

Never thot an year goes so damn fast. We were the school seniors (the bullies) and almost every other guy was trying for a junior gal or drooling about a classmate (or a teacher in some cases), so it was quite fun watching those! Inside the class though, the separation between the guys and the gals grew and the year was all about competition. Wished I had made use of that time to get some contacts. Would be four long years before I get back in touch with my batchmates again. IIT classes seemed a bit of a drag and wished many a time that I just had to write the damn exam. I finally wrote that and didnt manage to pass, but got some naval architecture as a consolation prize :P God I hated spending half my life in the sea, especially as I didnt know swimming! I know its crazy, but its amazing how such a small thing can play a big role in shaping your decisions. I did remember crying briefly over my IIT results. But thts abt it. Time to carry on..

Well, I will never know whether I ended up in the right place, but I got only a Singapore Airlines scholarship to study in an unknown university called NTU in Singapore. All I know about it was that some stupid senior came and gave a talk on that in school. Just thot will apply as the last option, but since all my other results were delayed, that was the only option and I decided to take it. After all, isnt it nice to study with no financial backing from your parents? My father did the same, and so I naturally wanted to emulate him. I was also awarded the Best Conduct award with the rolling shield, which I collected on the school annual day, the day I was to fly off to Singapore. Was an exciting first airplane trip for me. Was very curious about a lot of things that I vowed to find out more about. Later, I was told that I was the only guy in PSBB to get into IIIT, Hyderabad. Also, I would have got IT in anna univ. The famous failures were at BITS and ROORKIE. Anywayz, thts life. Always got what I never expected, and never got what I expected.

2 comments:

maheshbalaji said...

i still dont **** believe i sat n read thru all that!!!!! oru periya history book padichu thookam vanthu ezhuntha maari ....avvlo lazy-a irukku! thala suthuthu..........





rara, sorry i dint have any better comment at this odd hour(4am) i am sittin at office!

Random Access said...

haha, i perfectly understand da! I wont blame you, its just my attempt at recording it somewher.. Btw, you shud try my website if you want some fun stuff..(you have had some of my prose stuff, tht will contain lotsa poetry stuff)...but i dare say as long as this one..so go ther at ur own risk! Anywayz, u dont have much to do at nite..so can give it a shot ;)