Saturday, September 25, 2004

Std 9

Higher Secondary was new and strenuous. We were not used to reading so much. But it was nice. The teachers were cordial and the students started to segregate into well-defined groups. I got to read the maximum amount of books (novels ofcourse) during 9th. I used to visit the library very frequently. I had an option to go for tuition outside, but I refused. I somehow dint wanna do what others are doing, just for the sake of getting good marks. I thot if I can get good marks without slogging, why not. 9th was the start of teasing on the basis of gender. I was the only one with a proper moustache then, and was subject to giggles during biology classes. The science labs also generated a lot of interest for me. A lot of guys thot they were grown ups, so it was a pretty messy situation with egos starting to creep in. 9th passed off fast under heavy workload and resulted in my fourth all rounder prize. But it did not mean anything to me as it broke the sequence. I wished it had come a year before.

No comments: